[Bf-python] Automatically set bone roll

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 19:25:04 CET 2009

etch-a-ton also has functions to do that built-in.

It's a bit more complex actually, it keeps the offset between the plane of the original joint and its rolled axis constant between template and retargeted results.

For bone generation, using the cross product to get a rotation axis perpendicular to the plane of the joint is usually good enough.

All of that is in C in Blender, I can give pointers to the files and function names if needed.

Martin