[Bf-python] How to get inside faces from inside verts?

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Thu May 21 00:44:13 CEST 2009

Hello!

On 20/05/09 14:30:19, joe wrote:
> Try triangulating the fractalized sphere.
>
> So you want to find faces attached to verts, right?  The solution is
> to iterate over every face in the mesh, and check if any of the face's
> vertices are inside the set of inside vertices.

Thanks Joe for Your quick answer.e

I  implemented that (I hope; see http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~grr06742/blender/ell_ori01.blend.bz2) but I figured out I only
get one vert reported to be inside for any ellipsoid (even for  those  not  in
contact with the icospher).

To  get  the  verts  coordinates  to  range above [-1:1] I have to also "apply
rot/scale to ob".
Why's that? Is Blender showing verts at positions different than those  I  get
from the mesh in a script?

I  would be very greatful if someone could point out why I miss inside points.
I'm running out of ideas what I could have done wrong in my script/.blend

Best regards
Lynx