[Bf-python] Database integration with Blender

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:31:55 CEST 2009

Without details what your asking for seems trivial, also note that
with 2.49 you can attach arbitrary data to objects in both the game
engine and in blender.
# BGE, not saved, all types supported
ob['somekey'] = somePythonValue

# Blender, this is saved in the file, only some types supported,
strings, ints, floats, lists dicts
ob.properties['somekey'] = somePythonValue

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:24 AM, BROOKS Andrew -NUCLEAR
<andrew.brooks at opg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to attach Database labels into blender. The idea is to move
> the object around similar to using keyboard keys. Has this been done in
> the past?
> Is the best approach for this to add them into a python script or would
> creating a new sensor be the best approach?
>
> Thanks-Andrew

> --------------
> Andrew Brooks
> Darlington Simulation Software Section
> Simulator & eLearning Technology Department
> Ontario Power Generation
> External: (905) 839-1151 (ext 4243)
> Internal: 81-701-4243

> THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED
> RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
> PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
> dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy or
> other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
> not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
> please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your
> system. Ontario Power Generation Inc.

- Campbell