[Bf-python] Refresh the Ipo editor window to show curves of the selected bone

Ivo Grigull Monkeyloo at gmx.net
Fri Jul 24 10:49:58 CEST 2009

Hi all,

when i select bones using python ( i.e. setting the .sel property of a posebone), the ipo editor does not refresh to show the according curves. Is there any way to trigger this refresh? This is very important to me, i would write a patch for it if i could. But i cannot find the right place in the source code that makes it happen. I am tankful for any suppport!

The reason that i need this that i wrote some Character Rig UI that makes the selection of bones easier. But if the ipo curves are not being displayed right away, the user has to manually click at the bone *again* to make it happen, but that is not very comfortable especially if the bone is invisible on purpose or hard to reach.

I want to make it work in Blender 2.49

I had the idea to use QAdd and fake a LMB click at the bone. But when objects overlap or are out of the screen space it would not work either. I am desperately in need of help.