[Bf-python] FYI: Something I noticed with epydoc

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon Sep 8 23:53:13 CEST 2008

A heads-up for those maintaining the doc files:

I was updating some of the BPY docs yesterday and noticed that some of
the instance variable do not get "complete" documentation.  For example:

http://www.blender.org/documentation/246PythonDoc/Texture.MTex-class.html

Note that the blendnode attribute has a link to the description while
the col attribute does not.  This seems to depends on the number of
sentences in the attribute's @ivar description.  If it's only a single
sentence, then it appears only at the top of the page, while if it's
longer it also appears in the "details" section.

Maybe it's not a big deal but I don't remember the earlier version of
epydoc doing this.  In any case, be aware of this in the future when
you're documenting.

Ken