[Bf-python] Undocumented (deprecated?) functions

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 30 17:29:31 CEST 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:58:56PM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:
> Joseph Greenawalt wrote:
> > getNBezPoints
> > getCurveBeztriple
> >
> > These functions work, except for the particular case that I mentioned
> > above.  The script code in question dates back to the Blender 2.37
> > days.  I've been using Blender and the DTS Exporter since 2.33 and
> > have been maintaining the DTS exporter since around the time of the
> > 2.40 release and don't recall having seen any deprecation warnings
> > regarding these functions.  Does anyone know what's up with these
> > functions?  Is it safe to continue using them?
> >
> IIRC, they were left in the API for backward compatibility, but really
> should be marked as deprecated.  They provide access to data stored in
> IPO curves, so the preferred "Pythony" way to access them is through an
> IpoCurve object.

This happened when we implemented the iterator protocol for accessing
points and such.  We deprecated the methods by removing them from the doc,
but left the actual methods because people *do* use this stuff and once
something gets published in the api, we like to keep it for exactly that
reason.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net