[Bf-python] Undocumented (deprecated?) functions

Joseph Greenawalt jsgreenawalt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 03:18:47 CET 2008

I'm currently trying to isolate a bug related to the Blender DTS
Exporter script(s) that is causing Blender to crash when trying to get
a curve bez triple from a pose IPO that contains a driven curve but no
action keyframes.  I've isolated the line that's causing Blender to
crash, but in the process I've discovered a couple of functions in use
that are not documented in the Blender Python API docs.  These
functions are:

getNBezPoints
getCurveBeztriple

These functions work, except for the particular case that I mentioned
above.  The script code in question dates back to the Blender 2.37
days.  I've been using Blender and the DTS Exporter since 2.33 and
have been maintaining the DTS exporter since around the time of the
2.40 release and don't recall having seen any deprecation warnings
regarding these functions.  Does anyone know what's up with these
functions?  Is it safe to continue using them?

Also, can anyone point me at the correct person to contact regarding
problems with hosted projects on the Blender Projects site?  Our
project is hosted there, but the file release system has been hosed
since the server migration from CVS to SVN and I haven't received any
replies to emails sent to various blender foundation addresses...