[Bf-python] improvements to HotKeys Reference Help script

migius migius at 4d-vectors.de
Wed Jan 30 18:20:12 CET 2008

Hi guys,
i think it could be very useful for new Blender users to have an up-to-date
version of HotKeys Reference Help script in the next Blender release
(svn-trunk update!)

JMS has updated his version for 2.45 lately:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29949
There are English and French help texts integrated.
I'm going to initiate German and Polish translations for it and will try to
motivate these communities to contribute.

Furthermore i have made some substantial improvements on the HotKeys-UI, as
part of my PyBrowser project:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113588
You will find there a link to the full functional version 1.08.
I am still waiting for feedback, so look at it and report please.
In compare to the old version the main improvements are:
- text wraping and scrolling
- menu scrolling, tooltips
- bilingual in-line-switch (english<->foreign) practical for learning
English UI
- support for multilingual textfiles.
- direct access to the help/doc text

I hope this functionality (UI+language support) will become a part of
HotKeys Reference.
I talk about it with JMS last week, but there is no willing to collaborate
at the moment. (see the first link)

Any suggestion for?
Where is the best place for localized script texts (not only HotKeysHelp):
one multilanguage file or many individual files; hosted in
.blender/scripts(/bpymodules) or in blender/.locale

migius