[Bf-python] 64-bit and void*/int hackery

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 18:30:47 CET 2008

http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2005-November/012378.html

> Not sure if I misunderstood why.

His point is valid for LP64 where you don't really
have to use specially defined types. As you are doing,
a cast to long is valid in those cases. The problem is
win64 where long size is not pointer size.

Which is why a "safe cast pointer to int" macro could
be used to hide this problem.

Anyway, I didn't even know we were supporting win64...

Martin