[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Dietrich Bollmann diresu at web.de
Sat Apr 12 17:12:18 CEST 2008

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 07:48 -0400, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> The comments I made on this patch last August still apply:
>
>   From a quick glance, it looks like there is a lot going on in
>   this patch:
>
>   - command arg processing refactor
>   - a debug facility
>   - the command port
>   - re-implementation of some standard C functions like isdigit.

I could only find one reimplemented C function:

  /**
     Returns true if `c' is a digit.
   */
  int is_digit(char c)
  {
      return ('0' <= c) && (c <= '9');
  }

and substituted it with `isdigit()'.

If you find some time, could you please tell me about the other
reimplemented functions you found in my code?  I would like to replace
all of them before releasing a new patch...

And for the rest:  Is it enough if I

  - change the code to use a similar option parse strategy
    as is used for the other blender options?

  - delete my general debug option from the patch
    and substitute it with a simplified one
    which is only used by the command port?

  - remove the --geometry NNNxNNN+NNN+NNN option I added?

As currently everybody is busy with the new release, I probably better
commit a new version of my command port patch when blender 2.26 is out,
right?

Thanks for your help,

Dietrich

By the way, to make things easier, the patch is here:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6887&group_id=9&atid=127