[Bf-python] Meeting Minuts

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Sep 9 05:32:50 CEST 2007

found the problem from re-reading pythons source.
  they have to be zero because some compilers complain,

The values need to be assigned in the module initializer before
PyType_ready is called,

xxsubtype.c uses a macro DEFERRED_ADDRESS so the value is documented but
not compiled in.

Ill updating PyAPI branch soon

Ken Hughes wrote:
> OK: if the error message translates to :
> /
> /*error C2099*: initializer is not a constant
>
> PyFloat_Type is a structure defined in a separate module, so at *compile
> time* its address is not a constant.
>
> Ken
>
> Campbell Barton wrote:
>> its barfing on
>>
>> &PyFloat_Type,		/* tp_base */
>>
>> Somethings wrong here - subtyping internal types should be fine.
>>

>> jmsoler at free.fr wrote:

>>> I hope so. One of the errors looks like that :
>>>
>>> bpy_float.c
>>> source\blender\python\api2_2x\bpy_float.c(137) : error C2099: l'initialiseur
>>> n'est pas une constante
>>> source\blender\python\api2_2x\bpy_float.c(142) : warning C4047: 'initialisation'
>>> : 'Py_ssize_t' diffère de 'initproc' dans les niveaux d'indirection
>>> scons: *** [K:\developpement\bf-blender\build-pyapi\win32-vc\source\blender\pyth
>>> on\api2_2x\bpy_float.obj] Error 2
>>> scons: building terminated because of errors.

Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)