[Bf-python] global name is not defined?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Oct 19 13:18:47 CEST 2007

On 19.10.2007, at 13:42, Toni Alatalo wrote:

> On 19.10.2007, at 12:17, naruto canada wrote:
>> "/home/blender/.blender/scripts/console_autoexec.py"
> ok, so perhaps it is a bug / diff behaviour in that environment?

yah that's it.

it seems to do some sort of namespace trickstery in include_console
which apparently does not work correctly for this. i did not look too
closely if it could be easily fixed, perhaps so.

one technique i use is to exec scripts with alt-p, and use code from
external files via import - doing reload() to make it get changes in
the extenal file:

import mymodule
mymodule = reload(mymodule)

don't get me wrong, i'm a huge fan of interactive python use
(especially in ipython) and we'd certainly need a good console in
Blender too (and the current one is of great help!, despite the probs
with it (this namespace thing, and slowness..), but am just reporting
what works..

> ~Toni

same.