[Bf-python] svg2obj script.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Mar 30 07:58:53 CEST 2007

Tom M wrote:
>> Even though the script really works, if it appiers not to, we still
>> loose users confidence and they may not try the script again - or tell
>> others that blenders scripts only work sometimes.
>
> Hmm I guess I can see the point - a different work around might be a
> warning if layers are hidden and an option to make active
>
> ie - 'warning items on innactive layers are being imported - 'enable
> innactive layers' / 'don't enable'
>
> perhaps someone can come up with better dialogue options :)
>
> LetterRip

Whats wrong with just adding objects to the visible layers?

This is pretty much what blender does anyway when you add a Cube etc.
except it adds it to the active layer (last clicked on layer, not well
communicated by blenders current UI) - Adding into visible layers is
close enough.

The only case where I think giving users feedback/options about layer
usage is where the format its self stores layer data that can be read
into Blender.

In that case its probably best to turn on the layers that the file is
making use of.