constructors (Re: [Bf-python] More Proposed API changes.)

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Mar 13 11:02:40 CET 2007

just talked a bit with Campbell on IRC and I thought a nice idea came up:

< ideasman_42> antont, thinking about what your saying - "we'll use this
for the next 5 years"
< ideasman_42> How about we put a big disclaimer "Wont stabilize until
2.5!!"
< antont> ideasman_42: that might be a good idea. 'new experimental
                module under design - usage feedback and ideas welcome'

there was a nice talk recently about API design by a Google fellow, the
video is available via e.g.
http://www.bestechvideos.com/2007/02/26/how-to-design-a-good-api-and-why-it-matters/
and similar older slides by the same fellow at e.g.
lcsd05.cs.tamu.edu/slides/keynote.pdf (html version
http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:MmIXuflmcvcJ:lcsd05.cs.tamu.edu/slides/keynote.pdf+why+api+design+matters&hl=fi&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=fi&client=firefox-a)

IIRC one point he brings up is getting feedback from users, testing new
api againts actual use cases etc - so I think that would align nicely
with the idea of labeling bpy 'experimental' so far.

~Toni