[Bf-python] More Proposed API changes.

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 13 02:37:10 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:09:39PM +1100, Matt Ebb wrote:

> Even hypothetically if it was the case here and now - what's the priority
> (and hence the weighting of decisions)? Is the primary goal for Blender's
> built in scripting language to provide Python programmers with utilities to
> use in their personal apps, or is it to provide Blender users with a way to
> gain functionality by controlling their app at a deeper level? I bet you
> know where I stand on that! :)

You are creating a false dichotomy

The goal is to provide a python-like scripting language.
Two of our guiding principles are the language should be like
Blender and the language should be like Python.

If you are familiar with Blender, names, the metaphors,
data structures and operations of the language should be easy to grasp.

If you are familar with Python, the syntax of the language should
be similar.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net