[Bf-python] Documenting existing problem with current API

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Mar 12 08:35:56 CET 2007

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Ok, so obviously I'm bored today and am trying to find something to do,
> so decided to look back thru my bf-python ML backlog.  Discovered what
> seem to be a lot of unresolved issues which we haven't fixed yet, either
> waiting for the big API refactor or things which have slipped into the
> cracks (and maybe some things which have been fixed and I just forgot).
>
> Things like:
> * Euler radian vs degree issue (which we've discussed recently)
> * Mathutil methods which modify their data AND return a copy
> (vec.invert() for example).
> * Object.New() and flaky user counts
>
> And probably others I've forgotten.
>
> Does it make sense to put these on the wiki somewhere as issues to be
> resolved, just so we have them documented somewhere?  And also whether
> they're on a to-do list or a refactor waiting list?
>
> Ken

I think we agree'd on this but it talk kinda fizzeled out...
a wiki would be good.

http://mediawiki.blender.org is down

But this link is where it should happen.
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/BPythonAPI/

* Euler radian vs degree issue (which we've discussed recently)
wait until 2.5
* Mathutil methods which modify their data AND return a copy
(vec.invert() for example).
go ahead if it dosnt break anything.
* Object.New() and flaky user counts
probably wait until 2.5...