[Bf-python] Blender.sys.basename() different from os.path.basename() on Windows

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 23:42:46 CET 2007

Selon Levi Schooley <bpycadmin at hhofministries.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I know this is a bit picky, but I just noticed that the following script
> prints
> two different results.
>
> # On Windows only
> import Blender, os
> print os.path.basename("foo/foo.py") # prints "foo.py"
> print Blender.sys.basename("foo/foo.py") # prints "foo/foo.py" ???

Try the bug tracker :
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=125&group_id=9&func=browse

> Is this expected behaviour? It's not a big problem since Blender comes
> bundled
> with the os module, but it would be a little more convenient if Blender.sys
> worked "as expected." Blender.sys.dirname() has the same issue.

In the next Blender, the os module will be no more bundled .
on http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/2007-March/thread.html#4609
read the thread :
"A python25.zip file is needed for the current CVS"

jms