[Bf-python] Remaining Mesh Bugs

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Jun 30 18:43:07 CEST 2007

> Last one is not so simple.
> mesh.getFromObject(ob) - re-assigns the mesh pointer which is
> problematic if there are more then one PyObject of the same mesh...
>

> This will/should crash for example
>
> ________________________________
> me1 = Mesh.Get('Cube')
> me2 = Mesh.Get('Cube')
>
> me1.getFromObject(someOb)
>
> # me2 now points to a free'd mesh
> for v in me2.print v.co
>

> would appretiate help fixing these - all are in 2.44 stable.

I was wrong in thinking the mesh pointer was re-allocated. when I last
had the bug it was because of verts etc would crash when accessed after
running this function.
But the self->mesh pointer is not reallocated and the pydev branch
supports this now.

- so all the bugs I know of are fixed in the pydev mesh api ;) - since I
commented MEdge_setV1/2 and MFace_setVerts.