[Bf-python] New C/API Mailing list

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Jun 30 01:31:05 CEST 2007

Chris Want wrote:
> Martin Poirier wrote:
>> Adding yet another list is just going to fracture the
>> groups again.
>>
>> Why can't those discussions happen here?
>>
>> Martin
>
> I agree -- I don't want to subscribe to another mailinglist.
>

> Chris

If your not writing C code for Blenders Python API then theres no need.

There are about 5? people on this list who have a working knowledge of
the Py/C api.

In some cases its obvious parts of the API were written with minimal
understanding of Py/C; (recounting bugs were copied between modules,
some parts of the API not even working at all)
- Not blaming, I made these mistakes when learning also.

But when refactoring the API, people on other projects may have valuable
input as to how to implement some of the features in the Py/C API that
we'd like to add.