[Bf-python] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [11267] branches/pyapi_devel/source/ blender/python/api2_2x: * Object, made softbodies a seperate type rather then having its variables mised up with object .

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun Jul 15 06:40:47 CEST 2007

On 7/15/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
> Though there is so much to discuss and I realy dont want to thrash. If
> you really wanted not to use radians you should have said something when
> it was decided on this list.

You're right, I just never even thought about this sort of thing in
radians, I was just imagining things like rotations, which is why it
was a bit of a surprise.

> I dont think we can draw a line between stuff that is trig based and
> user setting based.

You're right, and since I can't think of a good clear rule of where to
draw the line, perhaps it's best to just keep it as radians. One thing
I'd like though is if someone enters a value out of range (eg. in the
case of the spot angle, greater than pi) rather than just some obtuse
message like "error: out of range" it says something additional like
"reminder, angles are in radians! Use Math.radians to convert from
degrees" or something like that that at least gives people a hint
about what's wrong when they're expecting to use what they see in the
UI. I don't think many people will be setting spot angles less than
3.14 so that should catch most people :)

cheers

Matt