[Bf-python] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [11267] branches/pyapi_devel/source/ blender/python/api2_2x: * Object, made softbodies a seperate type rather then having its variables mised up with object .

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Jul 15 03:51:13 CEST 2007

jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
> Selon Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net>:
>
>> Having this in radians just seems like it would be quite awkward, especially
>> when the number you set is completely different to what you see before and
>> after in the UI, and it sounds like something that would get quite
>> annoying and confusing  to use.
>
> Your are right : in the UI, radians are not user friendly.

If people realy want they can ask it be brought up at the meeting?

Though there is so much to discuss and I realy dont want to thrash. If
you really wanted not to use radians you should have said something when
it was decided on this list.

However I got the impression that it was agree'd that al things
considered radians were the way to go.

One thing is sure - We do NOT want to mix both.

At most, I would accept All radians with a few exceptions (lamp and
camera angles).

I dont think we can draw a line between stuff that is trig based and
user setting based.

An object rotation is something users are familiar dealing with in
degrees - but you might want to do trig with.

The math.radians argument can work the other way, people can use
math.degrees for functions that return radians... so we could go either way

- whatever happens, if topics keep re-opening after (we?) have discussed
them like this it waists time.