[Bf-python] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [11267] branches/pyapi_devel/source/ blender/python/api2_2x: * Object, made softbodies a seperate type rather then having its variables mised up with object .

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Jul 14 03:05:34 CEST 2007

On 7/14/07, Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
> * Lamp - use radians for lamp angle

This sounds a bit ugly.. I know there's the idea of using radians
consistently in the py API, but the spot angle seems like a different
case to me. Of course you want to use radians when you're doing all
sorts of fancy angle calculations and trigonometry, but I see the spot
lamp as different - it's not often used as a 3D angle to do
calculations with, it's pretty much just used as a simple variable to
set the width of the spot beam, with fixed 0-180 limits. It's expected
that people will have knowledge of radians and degrees and conversion
etc if they're doing trig, messing with vectors and face normals, but
for just setting the spot width...?

Having this in radians just seems like it would be quite awkward, especially
when the number you set is completely different to what you see before and
after in the UI, and it sounds like something that would get quite
annoying and confusing  to use.

Just my 2c.

Matt