[Bf-python] python 2.5 what is the decision?

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 19:29:10 CET 2007

I vote for not!

I don't think it is a good thing to do at the last minute.
I think it could cause some small (unforeseeable) problems.
I already have my Python 2.4 setup with all the modules I like.
Early adoption always seems to causes problems with Mac people.
Benefits are relatively small for most scripts?

AFAIK the only reason to switch is because there have been some speedups?
Are there any new features people are looking to use that can't be imported
from future?
Didn't we just switch to 2.4 a few releases ago?

That said I think most of the modules I use are available in 2.5 by now, and
having ctypes in the standard library is very cool.  Maybe wait for Blender
2.5 though?