[Bf-python] integrating lib iter types

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Wed Feb 28 14:44:56 CET 2007

Stephen Swaney wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:25:14PM -0700, Joe Eagar wrote:
>
>> Should we plan on maybe calling the new module (if indeed that's the
>> direction we're going) "blender" rather then "Blender"?
>
> Using identifiers that differ only in capitalization is a Bad Idea
> as a general rule.  It is even worse in this case, since some filesystems
> are case insensitive.

Yes and please, let's not go that route right now.

We've already discussed over and over for a long time how the cleanup
and changes were going to happen and it was clear that it was not the
time for a whole new API. The best we can do now is really update the
current one with alternative, recommended, safer and (hopefully) better
ways to do things.

The changes being introduced can live well with the current API and, as
always, we can favor their use by documenting them and tagging the
undesired calls as "deprecated, use this or that instead, because of
this or that" in the docs.

In cases where we need to actually change something in the API, it's ok,
that's the cleanup / make it consistent part that is always on top of
our TODO's.

--
Willian