[Bf-python] integrating lib iter types

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Feb 28 10:28:38 CET 2007

jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
> Selon Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net>:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 04:25:14PM -0700, Joe Eagar wrote:
>>
>>> Should we plan on maybe calling the new module (if indeed that's the
>>> direction we're going) "blender" rather then "Blender"?
>> Using identifiers that differ only in capitalization is a Bad Idea
>> as a general rule.  It is even worse in this case, since some filesystems
>> are case insensitive.
>>

> Why don't you use  _Blender again ?

When was _Blender used? - the name donst realy matter much, more
importantly- we should keep an eye on Python 3.0 and see if we might use
that.

Im not so fond of the "every string is unicode" decision, that seems to
stem from wanting Python to be used in web applications. but the new
dictionary views stuff looks worthwile.

Python 2.6 will include some of 3.0's features back ported.
not supporting Py 3.x may be a good option in the foreseeable future if
many of the features arnt useful to us.

Its too early to tell now, Just thinking that Blender 2.5 and the new
API may be out at the same time as python 3.0...