[Bf-python] rvk1_torvk2 script updated for Blender 243

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Mon Feb 5 06:58:52 CET 2007

Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:

> Hi JMS, just looked at the script.
>
> are you sure
>    i= meshrvk1.verts.index(v)
> cant be
>    i = v.index

It can. Just forget to reset this after a last test.

> Its doing a list search each time the first way. which can be quite slow
> since its done for every vertex.
>

> It still onlt adds 1 rkv, if thats the only one it has the same effect
> of distorting the original verts, I think the best option is to add an
> rvk for the rest position if there isnt one there, or at least have the
> option to.

I did a lot of  tests.  This script do its job : add a shape key from the
original deformed mesh  which can be a simple mesh with modifiers, to a mesh
with already, at least, one shape key. If the destination mesh has no shape key,
it does nothing but warns the user.  The basic shape is not erased or modified.
As relative key, an ipo curve must be added by the user to manage the
transformation.

I can add the option you are suggesting (at least, the key, if there is
no one in the destination mesh) for the next Blender version. For the moment,
I prefer to invest time (if time there is before teh release of Blender) to
improve the menu.