[Bf-python] Scriptlink limitations

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Feb 2 16:10:35 CET 2007

Campbell Barton kirjoitti:
> Sorry, just after posting I saw Blender.link
> now why arnt there more scriptlinks? ;)

now i have to apologize too - thought was being clever applying my new
e-mail reading technique: newest first .. to avoid having to go thru
long threads of bf-committers discussions, when can read the conclusion
first and see prev talks in quotes after which can just delete the older
ones quickly

so now when saw joe's reply thought that'd be the latest on this, not
knowing that you had posted this correction already *doh*

perhaps we will see more scriptlinks now :)

there are other probs with them though. one is some trouble with how
they are (not) preserved in the blends. also perhaps to when you link
objects supposedly with them from libs. we had this sort of probs during
orange and have heard other complaints too.

another prob i've had is in animation coding that it is not easy to to
have things where you can keep state between frames / calls to the
script. iirc Willian has said a couple of times he'll address that
somehow. one possibility is to just not clear that namespace in between
calls.

~Toni