[Bf-python] merging py api's

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:13:40 CET 2007

Hi, I had a go at having both py api's running at the same time last
weekend, once as 2 separate libs - another time compiled in the same lib,
both have naming collision problems.
The 2 api's as separate libs compiled until I tried to get the new api to
reference the old api (to allow "import Blender") - I tried 3-4 different
ways to reference but every time there was a reference between the 2 libs it
would give name conflicts.

as seperate libs was done like this,
./source/blender/python
./source/blender/python24x

The only way I can see to get this working is to rename EVERY possible
conflict in the existing 2.4x api- On the C side only- Script writers wont
notice,

So BPy_Mesh becomes BPy_Mesh24x, BPy_Mesh_Check -> BPy_Mesh_Check24x etc...

Is this ok? - I wrote some tools to automate this since there are around
3500 unique variable's to rename.