[Bf-python] Planning API Development

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Tue Aug 7 18:45:22 CEST 2007

Hi guys, from discussion with other python-devs heres my proposal for
the API planning and review process that ensures this project gets finished.

- Meetings
Hold meetings once every 2 weeks, on a Saturday at the same time as the
main Sunday #blendercoders meeting for approx 1.5 hours, no more then 2.
Meetings are held in #blenderpython and will be announced on the
blender-python mailing list.

- Proposals
Discussion can happen on this list or in the chat room, but proposals
for the new API are to be posted here for review.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API

- Review
In the 2 weeks before the meeting, around 4 proposals from the wiki will
be raised for discussion,
everyone involved needs to read these proposals, before the meetings are
held discussion in the mailing list is good and parts of the proposal
that are unclear should be fixed.

At the meeting we can then make a decision on each proposal, its
important everyone has read the proposals so the meeting can run smoothly.

- Last Meeting Minutes
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API/Meetings#IRC_PyAPI_Meeting_5_August_2007

- Next meeting!
18th of august

Items for Review
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API#API_Migration
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API#Extending_Constructors
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API#Keyframe_Attributes
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Rewriting_the_2.4x_BPython_API#Object_Children

We got through a lot of API Migration last meeting but theres some areas
we didn't cover.

so far these are all my proposals, it would be great if others would
propose other improvements as well.

--
Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)