[Bf-python] Size vs Scale

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Aug 1 01:49:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

For a while now, the word Size hasn't been used in the Blender UI - it was
replaced with the words Scale (which is a more accurate description of what
the value means) and Dim (for dimensions, the absolute bounding box size).
The python API is still using SizeX/Y/Z though, which is a little confusing
- it had me stuck for a little while writing a pyDriver until I remembered
the changeover, especially so, when the menu in the drivers panel refers to
scale, not size.

Perhaps could some kind of alias be added so that the ScaleX/Y/Z keywords in
the bpy API works just the same as SizeX/Y/Z currently does? I'd also
recommend that in the new API, Size is turfed and replaced with the Scale
and Dim values.

cheers,

Matt

PS. Campbell, as I said before, I really like that proposal for keyable
types. You have my support for that from a user's POV!