[Bf-python] New Constants proposal

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Wed Apr 25 16:07:41 CEST 2007

Hi Ken,

> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Bitfields

Good, solid proposal :), 4 thumbs up from me. Thanks for comparing
performances, too.

BTW all: this first step creating bpy lives along nicely with the old
Blender Python API, but as some of us already discussed, eventually it
will be good / needed to create a new dir and put the new API there.
This will give us the chance to update the BPy types, too: our object
and object data types, etc.

So we will be able to fix inconsistencies, organize attributes better,
etc. For example, (just a suggestion) instead of having all those
weirdly named vars in Object, we can separate them in categories, maybe
something like ob.physics or ob.dynamics to hold all physics related
vars: rbXXX, SBXXX; also ob.particles; ob.dupli; etc.

To recall how it currently is, check the "Instance Variable Summary":
http://www.blender.org/documentation/243PythonDoc/Object.Object-class.html

--
Willian