[Bf-python] 3ds script exporter.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Tue Apr 10 01:15:28 CEST 2007

jean-michel soler wrote:
> You should read this thread :
> http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2355&highlight=
>
> jms

I used sketchup for a project recently and Im not impressed with its
fileformat support for import or export. It would not surprise me at all
if its a bug in sketchup that stops the file from importing. since
sketchup wasnt even able to export an OBJ properly into Blender. (it
screwed up its own mesh instances)

Iv also tried to debug this specific problem and managed to get a
textured model into sketchup but it dosnt surprise me that support is flaky.

Im at the point now where I maintain too many scripts and would like
some help from others in the community, I just dont have time to spend a
day or two debugging some old undocumented format that works in 1 app
but not another.

It is not efficient use of time and Id prefer we work on support for
newer formats like collada. (even the sketchup variant)

Of course if others want to debug these spesific problems Ill review
patches etc.

--
See MetaVR Visuals Used at the Combat Studies Institute
http://www.metavr.com/casestudies/baghdadviews.html

Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia