[Bf-python] Mesh Colors

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Sep 27 19:03:54 CEST 2006

Chris Want wrote:
> Campbell Barton wrote:
>> Hi All, I was looking at making MCols (mesh color) sequencable-
>> so one could do-
>>
>> r,g,b= face.col[0]
>>
>> rather then
>>
>> r= face.col[0].r
>> g= face.col[0].g
>> b= face.col[0].b
>>
>> But this let be to wonder what the alpha value did. as far as I can
>> tell its only ever used for the vertex paint code to work woth soft
>> brushes (verts that are further away get a lower alpha), nowhere else
>> can I see it being used.
>>
>> Could we remove access to the alpha value since (AFAIK) it has no
>> practicle use?
>>
>> - Cam
>
> I'm strongly against this -- I am hoping that alpha will
> eventually be supported in the renderer.
>
> Chris

At the moment the alpha is overwritten all the time (whenever you paint)
so its value is not usefull,

If theres a chance that alpha could be painted (would need to re-gig the
paint method currently used) then keeping alpha would be cool.

Either way, the python access to color isnt something that many people
use. and would be easy to update for any changes made in Blenders working,

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia