[Bf-python] Proposed BPyAPI Additions.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Sep 6 09:48:30 CEST 2006

Joe Eagar wrote:
> Campbell Barton wrote:
>> One thing about removing the need for
>> import Blender
>>
>> If your a game engine developer it would not be desirable.
>>
>> Maybe we could have 2 contexts.
>>
>> Alt+P and menu scripts and GE scripts?
> GE scripts are totally separate anyway.  why would they care?  I
> thought we already had two contexts.
>
> Joe
My Bad for this one, looks like itwont adversly effect the GE.
One other thing
  scn.object.new(obdata)

  - Works fine, however what about empties?

Was thinking no obdata for empties, just None.
empty=  scn.object.new(None)

2 bad points, if any new obkects are added without data like empties, it
would not fit in (Realisticly this probably wont happen)
And if the obdata is intended to be a lamp, mesh etc and somehow gets
set to None, it may be trickyer to debug, then if we
used....scn.object.new(Types.Empty)  - ore some other format.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street