[Bf-python] RenderData - lacking functions

Juho Vepsäläinen bebraw at gmail.com
Tue May 23 18:30:47 CEST 2006

Hi

I began to make a script to alter the rendered result after rendering and
came by the following lacks in the RenderData module:

There's no way to find out if the user has set OSA on so I propose the addon
of getOversampling() which returns bool.

There's no way to find out which image type the user has selected so I
propose the addon of getImageType() which return string that contains the
type. The types are same as in setImageType().

There's no easy way to swap the image in the render window after rendering.
I propose the addon of swapDispWinImage(image) which could return bool
telling if swapping was okay or it could throw an exception in the case of
bad swap. Also swap method for the secondary part of the render window
(accessible via j key) could be considered. If both methods were to be
added, they could be named swapDispWinImagePrimary(image) and
swapDispWinImageSecondary(image).

Also it would be useful if you could get the image formats that Blender
supports. I propose addon of getSupportedImageTypes() that returns the
supported image types in an array. The array could contain pairs which
contain the name in human compatible format (as seen in Blender rendering
panel) and part that is useable with setImageType(type).

Further it would help a lot if there was a way to toggle Ambient Occlusion
on/off. I looked at the World module but couldn't find such a switch.

I don't mean to sound negative. :) The API is readable and useable. I
learned a lot while making the script and had fun doing it.

Yours
BeBraw