[Bf-python] Bug and Fix in tracker for Armature.NLA

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Thu May 4 17:42:28 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 09:21:37AM -0400, Roland Hess wrote:
> Armature.NLA.setName("foo") didn't check if "foo" already existed.
> You could end up with eight actions all named "foo".
>
> Patch just reuses the name-check/increment code found elsewhere in
> the API.
>
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?
> func=detail&aid=4171&group_id=9&atid=125

I have a problem with this in that if there is a name collision, it
changes the name from what was asked for but does not inform the
caller in any way.  The script now has no idea what the new name is or
that there is one.

Note: I am guessing here, but I think the original design rationale
was that the scripter knew what they were doing and at the end of
the name updates everything would be lovely.  This assumption may
be debatable!

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net