[Bf-python] Ipo/IpoCurve API revisited

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Mar 25 00:21:18 CET 2006

Toni Alatalo wrote:
> On Saturday 11 March 2006 23:33, Ken Hughes wrote:
>
>>(read-only).  Makes it possible to do "ipo['LocX']" or "ipo[Ipo.LocX]";
>>something like ipocurve[framenum] to do current .evaluate(framenum) might
>
> again i remembered that someone said that obipo.loc_x would be nicer than
> obipo.['LocX'] for that and i think i agree.. (classes in py are just
> syntactic sugar on dicts anyway, like the perl ppl say :)

While we're on the subject (and as I avoid grading quizzes today), I
think we should try to reuse the existing Ipo curve strings as much as
possible; we had to correct a number of name/adrcode/function problems
last year as I recall, and I like the idea of using the existing Blender
code to convert between names and codes instead of writing our own.
Given that, would we be OK with names like ipo.locx (all lowercase) and
ipo.locX (first char always lowercase) for attributes if we decide to go
that route?

Ken