[Bf-python] Collada importer/exporter need new developer?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 00:51:44 CET 2006

Apparently the original developer doesn't have time to develop it further,

[QUOTE]The development of the collada 1.3 plug-in has stopped. I am
currently working full-time at Agency9 with their AgentFX engine and
have no time left to continue on this project on my spare-time. There
are some collada 1.4 development going on and if any progress occurs
on it sources will be released here.

If anyone wants to contribute additional features to the 1.3 plug-in
feel free to download the 0.4 version and continue adding
improvements.
If you want to contribute with something useful then contact me about
becoming a development member.[/QUOTE]

This is something that I think is fairly important for the future of
Blender as a game development tool.

Currently the exporter is missing export for almost all animation
features.  So if there is a developer already familiar with python
animation export then that would be preferable.

There was also a partial adaption of the ogre exporter to export
Collada but I don't know if the code was ever released.

LetterRip