[Bf-python] Mesh.Face() constructor

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 2 15:09:58 CET 2006

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Yes, once you've created the face you can access it with me.faces[-1],
> although as Cam points out you have to be sure it really added the face
> before you do this (if the face already exists in the mesh, or has
> duplicate vertices, it is ignored).

How do you test this? Check the length of face.verts before
and after? Or does extend() return an error code?

> The examples are there, but they are shown with the .extend() methods. I
> think I discussed this with Toni once before; maybe we need some
> examples on the wiki (hey, maybe in the Manual under the Python section)
> which show how to do things.  I wouldn't mind writing some stuff for
> that, or maybe Cam already has some simple examples lying around.

I think in the top level doc for the module (i.e., the doc for Mesh)
should have a non-trivial example. If you had never used the Mesh
module before, how would you know to look in the doc for this
strange thing called MFaceSeq? The example in MFaceSeq for
extend() does not show things like vertex colors being assigned,
and I think that would be helpful.

Chris