[Bf-python] Mesh.Face() constructor

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Thu Mar 2 03:51:39 CET 2006

Somebody (maybe Hos?) on IRC today was asking why there is no
Mesh.Face.New() constructor function in the Mesh API.  I just wanted to
tell whoever that was that I'd like to add one, but can't seem to get a
consensus from users as to how to implement it.

The specific problem isn't the constructor itself, but how to
efficiently add faces to a mesh.  I'd personally like to just add faces
to the mesh and have the API insert the necessary vertices, but brings
into question how to avoid -- or allow -- duplicate vertices while doing
  so.  Otherwise it could work as NMesh.Face does and require the verts
to be created first.

Ken