[Bf-python] EditBone Safty

Gilbert, Joseph T. jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Mon Jul 24 10:54:27 CEST 2006

Yes I agree. However I bet this is a more complex issue than it first
appears....

Because editbones wrap editbone data directly, and that data is freed
upon calling update(). Python will still maintain a reference to the
python object but it's underlying data is corrupt because it was freed.

Your issue here (I'm assuming) will be to somehow delete the python
object from the script's __dict__ so that it can't be called (because
the python object is now invalid).

Anyway without looking at the code, I have a feeling this may be the
case.

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of Campbell
Barton
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 9:46 PM
To: Blender Foundation Python list
Subject: [Bf-python] EditBone Safty

Hi, was using the armatuer module and noticed that you can still access
previously created even though you have exited editMode - with
arm_data.update()

It should brobably raise an error if you access an EditBone out of
editmode so no memory errors happen,
The only reason I noticed this is that the edit_bone.name  value became
correupt

- Ca,