[Bf-python] mesh.object

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Feb 23 12:57:47 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 12:27, Campbell Barton wrote:
> >> Since some functions require a mesh be referenced to an object it may be

do they really? surely there are many cases where meshes have different
relations to different objects, but i dont know if this is the way to express
that

> >>   me= ob.getData(mesh=1)
> >>   ob == me.object
> This isn't meant to show what object uses a mesh. Rather the object that
> is used by the mesh for getting bone influences.
> Eg. Say a function uses. a mesh and needs vert influences. the only way
> to check now is to try/except me.getInfluences(0) .
> Better say,
> if mesh.object:
>   infs= mesh.getInfluences(i)

is the case of vert influences the only one where MeshData has a relation to
some object? i know there are several things in the modifier stack that
reference to whatever, but that is different. hm.

how did you think of this in relation to the idea of moving much of the api to
be with BlenderObjects - would it make any sense to instead of
MeshData.influences to have MeshObject.influences ? dunno

just wondering,
not having an idea about this really
~Toni