[Bf-python] new python development path

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sat Feb 11 17:25:56 CET 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 01:00, Joe Eagar wrote:
> Do, is the plan going to be that there will be no Object, (N)Mesh,
> Armature, Camera, etc. Blender.XXX modules?  Is everything going to go
> through the Scene module?  That makes sense to me.

object instances will be gotten primarily via scenes,
class definitions and constructors via the Blender module,
which will have types for all BlenderObjects

.. in that scheme Object can be seen as an abstract superclass for Mesh,
Armature, Curve, Lattice etc. -- i.e. it can not be instanciated, there can
be no type(myobj) == BlenderObject, but still that basetype can include all
the code that the different ObTypes have in common,
like .loc .rot .matrix .parent .name etc.

then again, this is just how i see it, and it often does not really .. well
whatever :)

> joeedh

~Toni