[Bf-python] API changes?

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 19:34:28 CET 2006

I've been working on an import script on and off for a while now, and it is
good enough now to be included with Blender.  I had wanted to have it
included in the up-coming release, but when I tried to test it with a current
CVS build I run into layer after layer of errors?

My first problem was when the groups list of object 'group.objects' had its
append/remove methods replaced by link/unlink.  So I get a ton of bug reports
saying my script is broken, and the best part is the CVS build I'm using
still has append/remove.

So now I think I have a work around for that, but now when I try to set the
location of the objects I'm creating I get another new error saying it
expects a tuple of floats.  So I check what I'm giving and it's true - I'm
giving it a list instead of a tuple...  I go back and check, yep ob.loc =
[0,0,0] works fine in 2.42a.

So are we going to be over zealous in type checking now too?  What other
weird changes can I expect to find while trying to go from .42 to .43?  How
does anyone get their scripts included when the API is such a moving target?