[Bf-python] Re: Request for adding a proposed new feature

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue Dec 19 23:52:55 CET 2006

Campbell Barton wrote:
> How about we allow
>
> scn.objects = []
>
> Other possibilities are...
>
> scn.objects.remove([ob1, ob2...])

I was thinking more about making complete deletion optional per object
(or group of objects):

#remove from scene, but don't delete when user count = 0
scn.objects.remove([ob1, ob2...])
#remove from scene, delete objects with user count = 0
scn.objects.remove([ob1, ob2...],delete=True)

Maybe some scripters don't want to delete the object when they become
zero (the current behavior).

The reason I suggest adding it here and not in the Object module is the
nastiness we added earlier where Object.Get() and Object.New() become
users of the object.  It makes deleting the object a bit of a pain when
you're also a user of it.  Can fakeUser take care of that old problem
now so we don't have to mess with the user count?