[Bf-python] Proposed BPyAPI Additions.

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sun Dec 17 21:25:10 CET 2006

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Should the scn.objects sequence/iterator (whatever we're calling it) be
> documented in epydocs as its own class?  Seems a bit obscure to have to
> look for the scn.objects attribute to then find out what attriutes the
> attribute has....  and even then, we need to document what the argument
> are to .new() somewhere.

These "super" iterators are used in Group, too, and we may later support
them in more places, like scene.scriptlinks, blend.scenes,
blend.data.meshes or blend.meshdata or whatever, etc. So it's a good
idea to have a central page to describe them, besides mention in each
specific place. It's also important to make sure every doc reader sees
them as the recommended way.

> BTW, as per last week's conversation I've removed "None" as an argument
> for .new() and added string checking, for "Empty" right now.  Should I
> go ahead and commit that?

I'm for it, too.

BTW, next step after that (can be after release) is to support
primitives: .add(CUBE), etc. We just need to see how to pass the needed
parameters, like number of segments and rings for an UVSPHERE.

I prefer the actual arg names: .add(UVSPHERE, segments = 32, rings =
32), instead of something less readable like .add(UVSPHERE, options =
[32, 32]).

--
Willian