[Bf-python] request for feedback on script guidelines

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 01:19:18 CEST 2006

Hi Tom and all,

--- Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi please give any opinions on changes, additions or
> removals, etc.
> you feel would be a good idea for the draft version
> of the script
> guidelines.

I read it this week end, couldn't think of much to
add, so I didn't comment.

It's a good draft though, but I think it should
eventually go into more details regarding coding
practices to use and those to avoid.

I added a bit in error handling about the EAFTP
principle and a note about atomicity.

> Please post feedback soon, guidelines will likely go
> in force either
> this weekend or the following week, with all scripts
> removed from
> current CVS, and then added back as they are checked
> for compliance.

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.p...Dev/Guidelines

The correct url is this, obviously:

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/ScriptDev/Guidelines