[Bf-python] about "Guidelines and Data Safety"

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Aug 6 17:33:39 CEST 2006

The problem with PutRaw is when people use it  for importers and dont
check for an existing name before writing a new mesh.
in this case you can overwrite an existing mesh, This has happened to me
before.. and Id prefer people use .update() to update an existing mesh
and link the objects to the scene instead of PutRaw.

Sure people could say if name in NMesh.GetNames() and generate a new
name if it exists,
but at that point you may as well just import meshes like all other
objects - which will never overwrite data.