Constraints module (was: [Bf-python] Looking for a project)

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Wed Apr 26 00:05:23 CEST 2006

Martin Poirier wrote:

> --- Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:
>
>>Seems like this has been in the works for a while...
>>is pidhash on this
>>ML?  I wouldn't mind helping or taking over this as
>>necessary, although
>>I haven't used armatures.
>>
>>General question; are armature constraints just a
>>special case of
>>general Object constraints (i.e., the Constraint
>>panel under Object
>>buttons)?  Or is there a different interface for
>>setting armature
>>constrints I don't know of?
>
> It's a special case:
> - The constraint is not stored in the same location
> (struct wise)
> - Certain constraints are armature only (IK).

So Pose constraints are found (deep down) in the bPoseChannel struct of
ob->pose instead of ob->constraints.  And only poses have IK or Action
constaints.... from what I can see in the source.

I assume the constraints for Poses should be accessible as a bone
attribute [sequence of constraints] as opposed to an object attribute?

Ken