[Bf-python] Evil Space

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Apr 21 16:05:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 02:05:59AM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Pythoners, at the moment it would be realy easy to make a malicious
> Blend file using space handelers. - remove your home dir on RMB or some
> such script.
> Could we have the "Enable Script Links" also effect space hendelers?

It probaby should.

> Id like to see a "Trusted" button on the file open window. so your have
> the choice when opening files from the tracker. At the moment most
> people probably dont think to do this when opening foreign blends ..

It is not just space handlers.  Just having Python enables pretty much
any sort of mischief you can think of from file deletion to mail
spamming and beyond.

The idea of a Java-like sandbox where Blender has restricted access to
the filesystem has been mentioned before.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net